keskiviikko 2. joulukuuta 2015

Curtains: Lengthened

Once upon a time, I moved. This happened not-so-long ago. 
My new place is a flat in an apartment building from the fifties. It's airy, bright, and very high. Being a relatively small girl, I feel tiny in the tall rooms. 
Which, of course, is nice. 

One thing that gave me a bit of a headache, along with the good old "how do people reach the top shelf" -dilemma, was curtains. The windows are tall, and my curtains were nearly a foot too short. 
To fix the issue, I added length to them. 

I started with a set of light, orange curtains. I had three pieces: two to go on each side of a window, and a long valance. As I didn't need the valance, I sacrificed it. 



 I cut two pieces of fabric, one for each curtain, and sewed them under the original material. This way, I gained a layered look without an eye-sore-seam. 

I used a french seam for the curtains to get a tidy finish.
To add some... well, black, I chose to fully hide the seam with satin ribbon. I pinned it on... 
... and top stitched it on both edges for a finished look. 
 As a finishing touch, I added a bow from the black ribbon. 
The curtains turned out really cute, but managing a full photo of them is a bit impossible due to lighting. 
 Altering curtains is an easy way to add personality to home decor. Have you done it? I'd love to see your projects! 

Until next time.
Love,
Heather

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

... and leave some of the happiness You bring