keskiviikko 5. elokuuta 2015

Product: High-Waist Velvet Skirt Drafting Tutorial

Drafting patterns sounds daunting and intimidating, but it can be easy and fun. Heather Wielding Designs carries a small, growing selection of drafting tutorials for simple garments. 
One of my favourites is the High-Waist Velvet Skirt.









My skirt is made with cruched velvet, but nearly all kinds of elastic fabrics work with this style. Light cotton and viscose jerseys make a comfortable garment for everyday wear, and lace paired with elastic satin works wonders for parties. The suspenders are entirely optional, and the waist band can be sewn lower for a different look. 
The hi-lo -hem takes a lot of fabric, and gives the skirt a luxurious feel.
The hem falls long in the back, and while the front hem is short, this style still bears all the best qualities of a full length skirt. While this particular style demands for stretchy fabrics, this skirt can be made with non-elastics: draft the skirt, add a zipper into the side seam, and sew a fitted waist band. This way, you can use taffeta or tulle for a decadent look.
This style if one of my favourites, not only because it's comfortable to wear and easy to mix and match. I love the versatility of the style, the way it can be made in so many different ways. I hope you'll have fun with it! 
The reason why I chose to showcase two products in a row is that I'm planning a minor update on my official site. I'm hoping it'll prove rewarding to both you and me. Stay tuned! 

Until next Wednesday. 
Love, 
Heather

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

... and leave some of the happiness You bring