keskiviikko 29. heinäkuuta 2015

Product: Princess and Keyhole Dress Sewing Pattern

Once upon a time, I had a bit of black cotton. 
I asked it what it wanted to be, and it said it wanted to be a dress. 
A dress, I sighed, aren't there enough dresses in my world? 
The cotton said no, and whispered a secret in my ear. 

I cut the dress with princess seams to gain a flattering fit. With non-elastic fabrics, narrow sleeves are a no-no. I chose a wide puff-shape for the sleeves of this dress for comfort. The collar is round but closed: I didn't want this dress to be overly dramatic. 
But a little bit of drama is only a good thing. 
The dress has channels concealed within the princess seams. The hem can be hitched high with ribbons that go through the channels. A wide ruffle at the hem adds to the shape of this dress. 
The hem can be gathered in many ways. My favourite style is hitching up the front hem to reveal a petticoat beneath. 
The hem can be raised in the back as well. 
The name Princess and Keyhole Dress comes from the princess seams, and a keyhole neck. 
The keyhole is entirely optional, but I like the little detail it adds.
This dress is one of my absolute favourites. I love the shape of the sleeves, the versatility of the hem, and the feel of soft cotton. The sewing pattern is available in my store and Craftsy. I hope you'll love it as much as I do!
Until next Wednesday. 
Love,
Heather

2 kommenttia:

... and leave some of the happiness You bring