keskiviikko 22. heinäkuuta 2015

Let's Make... Add Ruffles to Blouse

Once upon a time, I had a short sleeved blouse. An ordinary blouse made with stretchy fabric. It was comfy, but getting a bit old and having a mid-life crisis. Much like its owner. It was pretty much the right size, all that really needed doing was adjusting darts on the back. 

But I wanted to make it less ordinary. So I decided to add a little something. 
I took a long strip of fabric that tinted quite a lot towards blue, and cut it into four pieces. 
I shaped the strips, and did a rolled hem on one of the long sides on each strip. 
I pinned the strips to the front of the blouse, rouching them a little as I went a long. I sewed them on, snapped a picture, GIMPed it, and then my computer ate it. Very impolite on its part. 
I left a gap between the ruffle and the button list. 
... so that I'd have room for another layer. I pinned the second pair of ruffles onto the front, hiding one of the raw edges under the button list. 
The other side was made differently, so I hid the edge of the ruffle with satin ribbon. 
After sewing the ribbon on, it made a nice little detail. 
And that was all it took. The blouse turned from meh to fun, and now I can't wait to wear it again!
For the pictures, I paired the blouse with pants, but it works well with long skirts and corsets as well. 
The ruffles give the blouse a feminine touch, and make it different in a very subtle way. 
This trick works for all kinds of blouses. Try adding patterned materials, or making many narrow rows of ruffles with different fabrics!

Until next Wednesday.
Love,
Heather

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

... and leave some of the happiness You bring